Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I convince my parents that I am responsible enough to care for 2 pets?

3 years ago I had a hamster %26amp; she died %26amp; 2 years ago I got a dog %26amp; I still have her. But I also want a hamster again. But my parents say 1 pet per child. How can I convince them into letting me have 2 pets? P.S. I don't get a allownce %26amp; I don't have to do chores %26amp; I am an only child %26amp; I am 12 almost 13.|||I think that proving to parents is hard, trust me. I had to bargain with my parents BIG time to get my gerbils.





What I would say is to show them that you can be responsible by caring for you dog a lot better and maybe asking your parents if you can do chores and make some money. If you could pay for the hamster and if you don't have a cage or foog and buy that, then I think they will be happy!





Just don't beg, they hate that. Well good luck!|||your lucky u even got a dog i have 2 cats and i want a hamster but my parents say no

Report Abuse


|||It's not about HAVING to do chores- maybe you should do some to actually prove you can be responsible! You're nearly thirteen, it is time you started pulling your weight around the house, reguardless if it's for an animal or not.





You also should try and help finanically. Unless you still have the cage, getting a hamster is an expensive business so maybe you should show responsibility by doing a yard sale or selling something yourself.





So my advice? Start doing jobs around the house without asking, ask if there's any way you can earn money etc.





But it's less about responsiblity and more about money. You may walk your dog, feed your dog, play with your dog, but who pays for food, toys, and the vet? Your parents, and it isn't cheap.|||i think you should try and take a little more responsibility for your dog first like, take it on walks whenever you can and avoid your parents having anything to do with her apart from petting or feeding while you are at school. And don't make it too obvious but every now and then try to moan about how you miss your poor little hamster with tears in your eyes but don't go too over the top otherwise they will catch on.


I loved my previous hamster and i cried and cried for her after she died with pneumonia and we went into the pet shop and saw one that was way too nervous and i said that no-one would buy her and we may be her only hope to get her a loving home and here i am today with that very hamster trained and completely nerve-free. So try and go for the underdog!!


Good luck!!|||First of all, it is not about how you can convince your parents whether or not you are allowed to have another pet, you have to ask yourself if you are able to give better lives to these animals.





The fates of these little creatures will be in your hand, whether they can live a better life or a miserable life all depends on what kind of owner you are and how much time you are willing to commit to take care of them. They are not toys, they, same as us, have lives, are able to feel the pains , loneliness, and may even suffer form depressions and illness.


Therefore, before you ask your parents about what you want, please ask yourself if you are a good owner of them and if you are able to offer them their life time happiness with your 100% love and care. .|||All u have to do is show responsibility for the first pet then it will show ur parents that u can take care of another. (This is so wierd but ur story sounds just what i am trying now! My hamster died 3 years ago too! Now i have a dog that I got 2 year later! Now i want a hamster but my parents say only one pet. I am an only child to and i am 12!!!!!)|||Go mental and clean things for money, to get my guinea pigs was easy my dad is soft that way,but my mum wasn't happy!(my old guinea pig Tina had just died at Easter time), Me and my friend are now cleaning our houses for money to get a C%26amp;C Cage for our guinea pigs (well she'll get some when mine has it's babys, she got sold to me that way)|||im 13 and i have 4 lizards 2 odgs a rat and a cat first i got a dog then about 5 yrs later i got a cat bou1 later i got another dog then a rat then lizards and i still havethem all today long story short it takes time for parents to trust u|||Well, when they ask you to do something..do it without complaining. Help out extra by clearing the table or washing the dishes after dinner. Helping out extra will get you that extra label: responsible...good-luck!!





-JoshLuver-|||For along time I have wanted gerbils, now finally after 2 years my mom is interested. Not because I begged her, but because we rescued a baby mouse then it died and she felt sorry for me and is planning on letting me get a gerbil.


I currently own four dogs and two cats. One dog is mine (Silky) and one cat is also mine (Rex), the rest are my parents. Basiclly what I'm saying is all parents are different, I would raise all the money don't ask your parents for it all. Maybe have a yard sale, do alot of work around the house.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment