Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I convince my mom that bunnies make good pets?

I like bunnies, and think they make awesome pets. My mom, on the other hand, thinks they aren't indoor animals, which some aren't, and doesn't want me getting a bunny. We're moving into an apartment, as well. Do you guys have any ideas?|||Do a ton of research on what kind of bunny you want, how to care for it, why is should be indoors. And print it out. Present your mom with a Bunny presentation! Educate her on why bunnies make good indoor pets. And show her you are fully committed to keeping and caring for a bunny. Good Luck!!|||what you should do is to show your mom that you can be respoinsible enough to own a bunny and make sure your mom dosent have to do any thing for the bunny like feed it then if you get an allowance every month be sure to support its everyday needs like food,toys, litter, bedding and, other daily need

Report Abuse


|||Rabbits are awesome indoor pets! They are easily litter box trained and are very clean and quiet. In fact "House Rabbits" usually live longer, healthier lives than rabbits kept outdoors, so the belief that rabbits are outdoor pets is inaccurate.





While I have heard that rabbits like to chew carpet I have not had that problem at all. He doesn't chew on carpet, shoes, clothes or furniture, but he does have a fondness for electrical cords so I have to be careful about that.





My bunny is very well behaved and is an absolute joy to have in my home. I use litter made from recycled newspaper (Yesterdays News brand) and his litter box has almost no smell (I only smell it when I am cleaning it). I scoop and replace the soiled litter once a day, and about every 3rd day I change out the whole litter box with a fresh one (I have 2 that I rotate).





Do note that even after litter training you will still find the occasional poo outside the box. This is normal, and rabbit poo "pellets" are hard, dry and easily cleaned up with a whisk broom and dust pan.





He is surprisingly smart and I've been teaching him tricks. Bunnies are seriously awesome pets!





Check out the House Rabbit Society for loads of info on sharing your home with rabbits (link below).|||Many people believe bunnies are outdoor pets, however, they can be litter box trained and leash trained! They are very smart animals and they love to be indoors with you. If you buy a cage for one, you must make sure you clean it out and let the rabbit outside the cage to play (hence the need for box training). They make excellent indoor pets.


Make sure you do lots of research to make sure of what kind you want. Smaller rabbits such as dwarfs make for an easier indoor pet. :)|||I have 4 bunnys all indoors if you do get a bunny get only one


My first bunny was baby and i changed his cage 2 times a week and house bunnys dont smell if you get one, also you can get a litter tray so he/she will use that aswell as the cage.


You might see the poop while he/she is out the cage but they do eat them and they will use the tray in time, took my baby 2 - 3 weeks to learn. They are good fun to play with but they dont play very long, baby runs around my feet (circle of love telling you they love you) they do bite you only because it tells you they love you or you are in their way. Iv you stick to one bunny then that bunny will be a little puppy, i call for my bunnys and they come running, have a look at my bunnys http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac233鈥?/a> baby no longer has a cage he sleeps on my bed or on the floor. Baby did wee on my bed but after a few times picking him up showing what he done saying bad boy then put him down, he has learned not to wee on bed. He is in my bedroom 24/7 and he will not come out, never fails to trip me up in morning while i get ready as he running circles around me|||Why would you not be able to get a rabbit, even if they were dumb (which they're certainly NOT!)? If you can prove to them that you know how to take care of it, and if you're like 9+, then I don't see why you can't get a rabbit. Make sure that you have a checklist and have everything available:





Room to keep the hutch, and have access to one or have money to buy a hutch big enough for the rabbit you want


You know what foods to get and can afford it


You have a water bottle


You have a small plastic house that it can go in for shelter


You have the time to take the rabbit outside for exercise, and it will also be safe out there and you can keep an eye on it


You have enough time to give the rabbit some love and brush it and clip its toenails.





If there is ANYTHING on that list that you don't have or can't get, I would try to fix the problem and then go to your parents again. Trust me, rabbits are smart. Plus, that shouldn't matter if you want one as a pet. You would take care of it. Also, they can be litterbox trained! My rabbit has been! They recognize their name, too.|||A dwarf breed makes a very nice apartment pet, as long as you're willing to give it the right care. While most apartments won't allow cats or dogs, a rabbit is usually ok, since it stays in its cage, unless you're right there supervising it. There's lots of good care information and pics on my website.|||Rabbits, especially Lops can be trained to use a litter tray.


much like a kitten


the best thing to do is to put them in a small room to begin with and everywhere they do buisness put a litter tray so they understand thier poop and pee must go into the litter tray


a smaller rabbit would be best if your going into an appartment... a dwarf rabbit wuld be best.


also be prepared to give your rabbit grass and fresh veggies as well as museli.


good luck :)|||Is there any carpeting in the apartment? Bunnies will chew it and it will stop them up and kill them.


Small bunnies are good in apartments. You can litter box train them, they can learn to walk on a leash and come to their name. They poop is small and hard, no messy stuff.|||Rabbits can be house trained to go to the bathroom in a cat litter box or outside if you have a doggy door. They will chew on cords so make sure you have chew toys to keep them occupied. Like a dog they can be taught tricks. They are very smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment