Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is the legal difference between animals as pets and livestock?

By legal I mean is there a law that determines the difference between animals as pets and livestock? If so I would love the link to this law. If not, what do you think sets the difference?





This is for my paper and I'm skipping over that part of my paper for now and would like some help.





thanks!|||Back in the early 50's when I lived in a rural Illinois farm community, the only difference was where the animals lived. Pets lived INSIDE the house and livestock did not. I do not know about laws regarding the difference. The exceptions were things like domestic dogs and cats that might actually live mostly in a barn instead of the house, but were allowed IN the house if they chose to enter. Livestock NEVER came into the house unless it was dead and then only if it was FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment